Like yesterday, these are just the players from my time supporting Spurs. I’m sure there are some shockers I’ve omitted from further back!
5. Dean Austin and Justin Edinburgh – I just couldn’t split them! For years we were stuck with these two at full back, it amazes me how many games the pair of them played. Every season I lived in hope they would be replaced but they just seemed to hang around forever!
4. Jose Dominguez – I never understood the thinking behind buying Dominguez. He had no end product, was tiny and had already been useless for Birmingham City. Not only that but we paid £1.6m for this Portuguese bandit.
3. Paolo Tramezzani – Any player bought by Christian Gross was not likely to survive. He only played 6 league games for us but what a pile of poo this bloke was. Couldn’t defend, tubby, stupid haircut. George Graham soon got shot of Paolo.
2. Stuart Nethercott – I’ve got a mate playing for Welling who told me about Nethercott’s pre-match ritual of throwing up then shouting ‘I’m a wounded animal, who’s a wounded animal with me?’ I can’t imagine Klinsmann reacting too well to those words of motivation back in the day, maybe Nicky Barmby found them useful.
1. Sergi Rebrov – This could be a controversial one with players like Dozzell, Sinton, Rosenthal and Kerlake missing out, but considering the player he was before he signed for Tottenham as well as the transfer fee involved, Rebrov has to be number one. He was an absolute superstar alongside Shevchenko at Dynamo Kiev and I can remember how excited I was when Spurs signed him. Talk about an anti climax!